The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn ”Alvin Toffler, Author of Future Shock.
At DigiUni Junior, we offer 3D design class for kids 7-11 years-old with Makers Empire, we recognize the key role that parents, guardians and teachers have in preparing students with the essential skills, mindsets and dispositions that will help them thrive in the future.
85% of jobs that will exist in 2030 haven’t been invented yet.
How can we best prepare our students for this unknown future? How can we teach our children to be creators, innovators and problem solvers who can adapt and pivot when necessary to flourish in a rapidly changing world?
Teaching young students Design Thinking helps them develop a growth mindset and important problem solving, analytical and spatial thinking skills. So we equip educators with the tools, knowledge and support they need to embrace creativity and making in education for improved student performance, engagement and learning.
With teaching kids 3D design – Makers Empire, we believe every child can make their world better.
Design Thinking is a way of thinking and working that helps us to define and solve problems. It is a non-linear, iterative and human-centred process that helps us to reframe problems as opportunities.”Mandi Dimitriadis, Director of Learning, Makers Empire
1. Benefits for Students
- ✔️ Being able to identify problems and reframe them as actionable opportunities;
- ✔️ Understanding the value of collaboration and feedback;
- ✔️ Viewing setbacks and failures as valuable learning moments;
- ✔️ Appreciating the value of hard work and persistence;
- ✔️ Developing self-belief as problem solvers;
- ✔️ Developing empathy;
- ✔️ Developing a growth mindset;
- ✔️ Developing stamina and resilience; and
- ✔️ Developing entrepreneurial and community-minded behaviours.
- ✔️ A focus that is both future and solutions-oriented.
2. What are 21st-century learning skills?
21st Century Learning and Innovation Skills are skills that will be essential for students to possess to thrive in the increasingly complex life and work environments in the 21st century. These include:
- 1- Creativity and Innovation
- 2- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- 3- Communication
- 4- Collaboration
With technological advances driving automation and industry-wide disruption in many sectors, it’s the people who can identify and solve new problems in new ways that will be in great demand. 3D design and printing is an ideal way to help young people develop the knowledge, skills, attitudes and behaviors needed to meet the challenges of the twenty-first century.
3. Difference for Students – 3D Design by Makers Empire
- ✔️ Students As Creators – Students are positioned as creators, inventors, innovators and problem solvers.
- ✔️ 21st-Century Ready – Students are equipped with the skills, tools and resources they need to develop as resourceful and optimistic people.
- ✔️ Resilience – Students learn how to bounce back from setbacks and develop persistence as they work through the design process.
- ✔️ Collaboration – Through collaboration on their designs, students learn how to give constructive feedback to their peers and to also receive it.
- ✔️ Citizenship – By teaching them how to identify and solve problems, students can become useful and productive global members of society.