We always say that teaching kids to code Python online is popular because Python is easy to learn and concise, suitable for children. Why is python programming suitable for children? How can your child start learning python online most effectively during the covid season? Here is an effective guide to teaching python programming for children online that parents should refer to.
1. INTRODUCTION TO PYTHON PROGRAMMING
First of all, we need to understand the definition of Python language and its applicability.
Python is considered a powerful computer programming language, highly applicable and easy to learn. Because it is clear structure and more concise than other programming languages such as Java, C + that is often very complicated and frustrating at first, so Python is considered an easy language to learn and extremely suitable for beginners to learn programming. That is the most obvious reason Python is often chosen to teach children who are just learning to code.
This year marks its 30th birthday, Python has been used in many companies and places in our lives, even the Instagram, Youtube and Dropbox apps are all built with Python. Python is also an open source, interpreter, widely used in industries from machine learning, data management and analysis or computer science – robot programming, AI… Once mastered Python, children You can learn more advanced programming languages without any barriers. Because of its diversity, Python can be used in parallel with other languages in the code generation process, which is also very convenient.
To summarize, there are 3 main reasons why should let kids code python online :
– Python programming is easy to learn, clear code structure, more concise than other programming languages, for example shorter than Java 3-5 times, C + 5-10 times
– A solid foundation for children when they are just starting to learn programming, once they master Python, they can continue to learn more advanced programming languages.
– Career opportunities related to python programming are wide open from IT to computer science. Programming-related jobs are currently among the top jobs with the highest salaries, the highest recruitment demand, and are expected to continue to increase in the next 20 years. Programming is the future of humanity.
2. WHICH SKILLS KIDS LEARN FROM PYTHON PROGRAMMING?
In addition to the reason it’s easy to learn, beginner-friendly, as well as other programming languages, children code python online will develop the necessary skills and thinkings to help them not only have good applications for study at their schools but also daily life, parents will completely see the huge change of their children after a Python course.
Here are 8 mindsets and skills your child will develop and learn after a Python programming course for kids:
- – Help children learn & practive problem-solving thinking: Understanding computers and learning the basics of coding helps children to develop an appreciation of how things work. It also teaches them how software engineers use math & logic in order to solve problems in a process-driven and creative way. The ability to solve problems is a trait that is useful in life in general.
- – Give kids a challenge and helps them develop resilience: When children learn to code, they develop the ability to bounce back after failure. They learn that failure isn’t necessarily a bad thing, and in fact, it can often be something positive because it serves as a learning opportunity. Coding gives children the ability to try and try again until they succeed and produce the result they are looking for.
- – Help kids learn to think logically and critically: Coding isn’t just about teaching how to type lines of code. It is more about teaching children how to think differently. Being able to code effectively, a coder needs to use logical and critical thinking. They need to be able to see a large problem and break it down into smaller pieces in order to solve it in an effective manner.
- – Expand children’s creativity & give them the confidence: Coding teaches children to experiment and gives them the confidence to be creative. They will have the chance to design something that is entirely their own. Children thrive off of the feedback they get from creating something they love. Just like learning a language, or to play a musical instrument, children need motivation.
- – Help children learn how to have fun with math: Coding is the language of maths, involves many skills including organizing and analyzing data. Children can grow their math skills while coding, without even realizing it. Using their logic and calculation skills while creating something of their own can make maths more engaging and fun.
- – Coding is learning while having fun: If you want to give your child something enjoyable to do which will also be educational and help them to learn, learning to code is the perfect gift. Children will learn various skills and with practice, gain some important skills that can help them through all ways of life. Coding gives them a challenge while having fun!
- – Advanced English language: All programming languages use English, when learning to program, children will need to learn more English vocabulary, very good support for learning English at school, even children can learn entirely in English with a foreign program after learning Python programming for a while. At DigiUni Junior, we teach programming in English or Vietnamese, usually in each lesson, children will be guided by the teacher with techincal vocabulary, meaning and usage of words, children will remember for a long time, apply them immediately. while learning and practicing programming.
- – Eager to learn, cultivate knowledge: Study, learn more, study forever! The more knowledge children hold for themselves, the more successful their future path will be. If they are already proficient in Python, they will be able to learn at least 1-2 more programming languages.
3. BOOKS FOR CHILDREN TO LEARN MORE PYTHON PROGRAMMING AT HOME, SUPPORTING EFFECTIVE ONLINE LEARNING
There are many methods of teaching Python programming to children such as: buying books about self-study, taking courses at the center or online courses. Each method has its own advantages and disadvantages, if we combine all method’s advantages, children will learn faster and absorb more knowledge.
Here are some books we recommend for students to code Python online at home:
– Basic Python: This is a book about Python programming by author Vo Tuan Duy. The book consists of 15 chapters about basic Python knowledge.
– A Byte of Python: This is a Python learning document in English for those who do not have any programming knowledge. Because it is an English book, children also need to hone their foreign language skills very well.
– Dive into Python 3: This is also a Python programming book compiled in English. However, the knowledge in the book has been upgraded with increasing difficulty. Therefore, it is required that children have a prior programming knowledge base.